Monday, October 24, 2011

New Stampscapes Scenes

I attended a Stampscapes class last weekend and we made some great cards.  I want to show you two of the cards we made because the techniques are so cool!

For the first card we stamped our images to make a scene and then tapped on Lake Mist and Pebble Adirondack inks with a Color Box blending stylus. This technique made a very nice dusky evening scene.  I added white highlights and Stickles to simulate a little bit of star sparkle.  I think it turned out pretty well for a beginner.


One of the amazing things about Stampscapes is that you can have 5 designers in a room using the exact same stamps and all the cards will turn out completely different. For this reason I am going to enter this card into a couple of challenges.  Our teacher Leslie, from Crafty Capers in Nanaimo gave us our inspiration, but all the cards turned out different according to the ability and personality of each of the designers.

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Lakeside Cove 48E stamped twice, Bare Trees 269G
Paper: White card stock, Glossy Black and misc dp
Markers/Inks: Adirondack Pebble and Lake Mist
Embellishments: Stickles, Inkssentials Opac White pen

One of the other cards we made was a cute little ornament shaped card.  We stamped on black glossy card stock with white pigment ink to achieve the effect.


Well, those of you who have Stampscapes stamps and don't know what to do with them, I encourage you to pull them out and play.  It is the best way to learn and you will turn out something amazing that needs to be shared with your blog friends.

There aren't too many challenges out there for this type of card, but I managed a few:

Have a wonderful Monday!
NancyD

17 comments:

loz said...

Stunning images and colouring Nancy.. Saw this on MIM..Loz

nnalorac said...

Gorgeous images, lovely Christmas scene cards. Seen it on MIM. Carolxx

Birgit said...

Beautiful! I saw this on MIM and had to look closer-I love the landscape-very peaceful and stunning and the 2nd ornament card-...it has a 3D look-I love it!!!

Sherry Kushibab said...

I think stampscapes are beautiful and looks like you did a great job in your class. So subtle and beautiful. Visiting from MIM

Chrissy said...

Fabulous projects, the scenes are just gorgeous.

Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

Luv CHRISSYxx

Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

Anonymous said...

These are so pretty they just take my breath away on how beautiful each one is. Hugs, Lori m

Shirley-Anne said...

I ticked REALLY LIKE THIS
and I do .
This technique is truly amazing .
Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday
Shirley-Anne

Debs M said...

wow these are fabulous!! saw them on mim x

Ann Whitfield said...

Both of these are fabulous, I love my stampscape stamps too and you've given me some great ideas so thank you for sharing them with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Virginia L. said...

So subtle and beautiful! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Laura Davis said...

Oooooohhhh beautiful work!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

coldwaters2 said...

Wowwww Nancy these are absolutely beautiful, oh my word those scenes are amazing, you have done a brilliant job with these.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Claire said...

OOh how beautiful! Gorgeous stamping, I love the scenes you've created.Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's and good luck
Claire xx

Cindy :) said...

Gorgeous...I love scenery stamps but haven't bought any, they intimidate me, yours are amazing great job and tfs, maybe I will try one some day

craft-roomjulia said...

This is a beautiful card, I love scene cards and you have created yours perfectly. I saw your creation over at MIM and just poppped over to say hello. Julia xx

Anonymous said...

Oh so nicely done - I just love scenes. Saw this on Make it Monday

jojoscraps said...

What a beautiful image and I love the technique you used! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at Stamps R Us!
Jo xx