Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!

Hello followers and fellow bloggers!  I trust everyone had a wonderful holiday and will have fun watching the ball drop at the stroke of midnight.


I am not one for New Year's resolutions but I decided a couple of days ago that I needed a few.  So here goes:

  1. Decorate the inside of my cards.  I have seen a lot of designers doing this and suddenly wondered why I am not doing it.  I have decorated the inside of a few of my cards but I want to do it most of the time this year.
  2. Give away more cards.  I have actually been hording them. I make and post cards every week and they keep piling up.  I do send some out to family and friends for various reasons like birthdays and I give a few out to people at church but the supply is greater than the demand.  So I am going to package up a big bunch and send them to the children's hospital.  Send a Smile for Kids is a great organization and they take care of giving the cards to the various hospitals in different areas of the country.
  3. Start a challenge blog.  Why you ask? Well, because it will be fun and rewarding and expand my blog friends.  Ok, so I already started this one a couple of days ago.  The new challenge blog is Craft a Scene.  The focus of these monthly challenges will be scenic projects - cards, tags, boxes, whatever, just as long as it is a finished project.  The first challenge starts on Sunday, January 1, 2012!
Well, I think three resolutions is enough for me to get started.  What are your New Year's resolutions?  I would love for you to leave a comment with your list.  In a couple of days, I will compile the whole list and post some stats about resolutions.

Here is my last card for 2011 and it is my first new card to give to Send a Smile for Kids.


Isn't Elle from Digital Delights cute?  I couldn't resist coloring her with pink tones.  The background paper from BoBunny has etchings of different safari animals which I thought worked will with the theme.  I also embossed a piece of paper using a Cuttlebug folder and then sponged over the raised portions with Adirondak Slate.


Card Recipe:
Images: Digital Delights Ellie the Elephant, Happy Birthday Scroll
Paper: Whisper White, Bazzill Black
Markers/Inks: Adirondack Slate, Copics - R81, R83, R85
Embellishments: Prima Pearls, Spellbinders Scalloped Rectangle, Cuttlebug folder

Challenges for this card:
Have a wonderful New Year and don't forget to tell me your new year resolutions.

NancyD


7 comments:

Pauline said...

Hi Nancy! I really love your creation ... especially that the only 'colour' is on the focal image.... she really pops! Thanks for sharing with us at the Card Crafter's Circle.... and good luck with your NY resolutions!
hugs and blessings,
Pauline
paulineguttrey.blogspot.com

Sheree said...

What a cute card Nancy! Love that pink elephant!
My New Years Resolution.. Win the lottery and to quit smokin' Yes, I'm one of those 'bad' people.
Happy New Year and.. Here's to a wonderful start of a wonderful challenge blog! See you there!

Hugs,
Sheree

Glenda Atkins said...

The little elephant is so precious! Hope all your resolutions are met (mine seldom are LOL). I will be taking a look at your challenge blog and I am wishing all the best in that endeavor..

Cat's sCrap said...

Hi Nancy,

Happy New Year 2012! Health! Prosperity! Creativity!

Lovely card. Nice elephant. Good work ! Bravo !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

xxxtglxxx said...

Gorgeous card and such a cute image! :)

Thanks so much for playing at Charisma Cardz this week, and Happy New Year!

hugs

xxalisonxx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Nancy this is so beautiful what a fabulous pink elephant it really shows up against the wonderful background a great choice of colours, I love it.
hugs
Lorraine x

crazyribbonlady said...

Super cute card! Thank you for joining us at charisma this week! :) Emma x