Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Got Envelopes?

I am continuing my learning exploration of different styles, shapes and sizes of mini album creation.  I explored lots of ideas on Pinterest and Youtube and there are two designer ideas that I want to try.  The first is Laura Denison's Foliope using any size envelope and glueing the top flap to each envelope (see below). The second is Kathy Orta's envelope mini that she made on Youtube a few years ago.  I find that most of the envelope mini's were made between 2011-12.  I am just now catching up!

Today I am sharing a mini album using 5 x 6 1/2 envelopes from Michael's, and My Minds Eye Kate & Co papers and chipboard pieces.


It's a girly album with magnets holding it closed. 
There is a magnet under the bow keeping the top flaps closed.

Opening the top flaps
The first flap is an envelop held closed by a beautiful brad and velcro.
Fold the next layer down and you see three envelopes with decorative edges.
The final layer opened barely fits on camera.

Inside the envelopes are several tags ready for photos.

You can see the little velcro piece to hold it closed.
I have lots of stickers and more chipboard pieces to add when I complete the album with my pictures.

Project Recipe:

  • Tutorial - Laura Dennison Foliope
  • Paper - My Minds Eye Kate & Co, Bazzill pink cardstock, Kraft card stock, Michaels' envelop and cards package
  • Embellishments - Martha Stewart deep edge punch, Chipboard pieces, Stickers and brads, I used a circle punch to provide finger room to pull out the tags.
  • Inks - Ranger Gathered Twigs

Hope you enjoyed my project share today. I have more envelope ides to try so be watching for the next project!

Have a scrap-happy day!
NancyD

6 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Love to drop in am see your gorgeous albums...love the colors and the way this one unfolds...so beautiful ...I bet it is even more special in real
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Scrap Affair said...

Nancy this looks fabulous! And VERY complicated)))
Hugs
Nadia

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Another stunning album Nancy, gorgeous papers and decorative edges on this one. Like Dr Sonia, I always love stopping by to see what you've been making.

Sue xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous, such a lovely design and the decorative edges look wonderful.
Sue xx

coldwaters2 said...

What a brilliant project Nancy love the envelopes and papers the decorative edges really add something extra another amazing creation I love it.
hugs
lorraine x

brenda said...

This is such a unique design Nancy and hat pretty papers and decorative edges.

Apols it seems like forever since I popped in, I don't really know where my time goes anymore.

B x